We are thankful for the support of BEAt-DKD.
The RENALMRI community is grateful to Serhii Parkhomenko (Dnipro, Ukraine) for setting up and maintaining the renalmri.org webpage. Contact him on upwork. But you can also contribute!
2023.01.02 Version 1.4 PLEASE READ THIS CRITICAL NOTICE OF THE GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR)! ONLY IF YOU CHOOSE TO GIVE YOUR CONSENT THROUGH WRITING AN EMAIL TO RENALMRI@GMAIL.COM, ARE WE ABLE TO USE, PROCESS, STORE AND/OR PUBLISH YOUR PERSONAL DATA!
We are an open network of researchers aiming for the promotion of magnetic resonance imaging biomarkers for kidney disease. In order to achieve an efficient communication within renalMRI.org (previously referred as PARENCHIMA, COST Action CA 16103, https://www.cost.eu) and external stakeholders, we ask for your consent to use, process, store and/or publish previously and future collected personal data on our webpage (https://renalmri.org), and on other dissemination activities (e.g. newsletter, meeting reports, congress publications) in order to comply with the applicable General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR; Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data). This information related to a person (identified or identifiable personal data) can include pictures, videos, email addresses, telephone number, fax number, title, first name, middle name, name, address of institution/company of affiliation, expertise of the person, and online connection information through https://renalmri.org (including processing and storage of cookies (essential and non-essential cookies through renalmri.org and Google Analytics, https://google.com, on the associated client systems), such as IP addresses, browser and browsing information, and computer/laptop/mobile phone information). Furthermore, we use other communication tools (such as cloud based systems such as Google Mail and Google Drive, https://google.com; email broadcasting tools such as SendPulse: https://sendpulse.com) or publications for communication and management purposes. In this context all natural persons who gave their consent can always retrieve his or her consent. If you have any questions do not hesitate to contact the dissemination task force lead.
BY USING OR REGISTERING WITH OUR SERVICES (https://renalmri.org and firstname.lastname@example.org) YOU COMPLY WITH THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA!
- 1. Data controller Your personal data are processed by members of the renalMRI.org group (as previously envisioned on https://www.cost.eu) responsible for dissemination and exploitation, communication and tracking activities. Tools such as SendPulse (https://sendpulse.com) and Google Analytics are being used. The storage, use and publication of acquired personal data is done by the renalMRI.org group to ensure optimal communications within the renalMRI.org group and external stakeholders. If you have any queries about the process or how we handle your information, please contact us at: email@example.com
- 3. What information about you do we handle, why do we handle that information, what is the legal basis for those processings and for how long do we retrain the information?
On top of the personal data collected and processed by the COST Association in the framework of the previous COST Action CA16103, for which you can consult the privacy notice for e-COST.
As a renalMRI.org participant and member of renalMRI.org
Based on your consent (article 6.1.a) of the GDPR, we can:
- Store, process and publish your personal data and contact details (picture, email addresses, telephone number, fax number, title, first name, middle name, name, address of institution/company of affiliation, expertise, and online connection information through our homepage (including processing and storage of cookies (essential and non-essential cookies through https://renalmri.org, and Google Analytics (https://google.com), on the associated client systems), such as IP addresses, browser and browsing information, and computer/laptop/mobile phone information). Furthermore, we will use other communication tools or publications for communication and management purposes (e.g. e.g. cloud based systems such as Google Drive, Google Mail (https://google.com), and SendPulse (https://sendpulse.com);
- Take and use pictures/videos where you appear taken or made during a meeting / an event of or related to renalMRI.org and other communication tools or publications for communication purposes.
You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawing your consent means that the collected personal data will not be used any longer. However, use made of your data in the past remains valid.
Based on your consent (article 6.1.a) of the GDPR:
- We automatically collect and process your identification data (name, first name, title and email address) for registration and delivering of our newsletters. You may unsubscribe from our newsletters at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. Withdrawing your consent means that the collected personal data will not be used any longer. However, use made of your data in the past remains valid. Based on our legitimate interests (article 6.1.f of the GDPR),
- When you register for newsletters, we gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies including clear gifs.
When you email us, chat with us or otherwise contact us:
We process your contact details, when required, in order to provide you with the requested support. This data processing is based on your consent (article 6.1.a of the GDPR).
When you register for events:
Based on your consent (article 6.1.a) of the GDPR: When you register for events, we collect your identification data (picture, email addresses, telephone number, fax number, title, first name, middle name, name, address of institution/company of affiliation, expertise). When you register for events, we also ask you whether you have special dietary requirements or other specific needs. Those data are collected for the organisation of the event. We do not keep your dietary requirements or other mentioned specific needs for longer than needed (e.g. billing, support, reimbursements, taxes). If you are in agreement with us, we store and/or use your contact details in the list of participants to the event that is made available on our website (https://renalmri.org) and to all participants of the renalMRI.org group for networking purposes. In addition we take and use pictures and videos during the event for promotional, communication and information purposes. Not providing your consent for taking pictures is without impact on your participation in events, workshops or webinars. The data we collect is kept as long as you do not oppose it. However, use made of your data in the past remains valid.
When you contact us to make use of your data subject rights:
We process your contact details and the proof of your identity you send us in order to address your request. We can also, depending on your request, process other personal data we have collected in order to address your request. This data processing is in compliance with legal obligations to which we are subject (article 6.1.c of the GDPR).
Use of service providers and transfer to third parties
How do we protect your personal data?
Your personal data is handled in full confidentiality. We make all necessary effort to take technical and organisational measures that might be required so as to ensure security of your personal data.
How long is the information retained for?
remalMRI.org (previously PARENCHIMA) aims to continuously retrain your personal data in order to promote renal magnetic resonance imaging and renal imaging on our homepage, and other communication tools or publications for communication purposes (e.g. newsletter).
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR), you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you:
- Right to request from us access to and rectification of your personal data;
- Right to request erasure of your data (right to be forgotten) in the cases foreseen by article 17 of the GDPR;
- Right to obtain from us restriction of processing where there is contestation about the data processing for a period enabling to solve the issue;
- Right to data portability;
- Where the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will not make use of your data any longer, including pictures. However, use made of your data in the past remains valid.
Your right to object
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of your personal data which is based on Article 6(1), (f) of the GDPR (our legitimate purposes) as mentioned above. To exercise those rights, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a proof of your identity. Please note that you always have the right to lodge a complaint with the Supervisory authority of the EU country of your choice.
RENALMRI.org was created by the COST Action PARENCHIMA (CA16103), supported by the European Cooperation in Science and Technology (COST). COST is a funding organization for research and innovation networks. Their Actions help connect research initiatives across Europe and beyond and enable researchers and innovators to grow their ideas in any science and technology field by sharing them with their peers. COST Actions are bottom-up networks with a duration of four years that boost research, innovation and careers.
RENALMRI.org was maintained by PARENCHIMA until the end of the action (1 October 2021). During the 4th international meeting in renal MRI (Lisbon/Philadelphia) the new governance of RENALMRI.org was approved, and the new network was launched.